Why You Should Attend the Android Developer Conference
May 9, 2014
• 0 Comments
Whether you're an enterprise developer, drive your own startup, have a degree in IT, work for a software company or are just curious about all things Android, the Android Developer Conference is for you.
AnDevCon is a four-day forum detailing the latest news, trends and reports from the Android development industry. As well as sessions explaining trends and news, there are courses and classes to help those in the industry stay up-to-date on all the latest best practices and creative development solutions.
The Linux-based operating system (OS) is used in many of the bestselling mobile devices, and is popular with developers because of its open source, which lets anyone with the skills necessary develop, modify and distribute their own versions of the OS.
What is the Android Developer Conference?
Held on May 27-30 in Boston, AnDevCon primarily focuses on software developers building Android apps. The event offers training on mobile app development, with more than 75 Android app development classes and in-depth tutorials to choose from. In addition to expert speakers, you'll have the opportunity to network with hundreds of experienced developers and engineers from around the world.
Attendees also receive an Android Developer Training certificate detailing the classes and tutorials you've attended at AnDevCon — a significant addition to a professional portfolio.
Who Generally Attends?
Developers present at AnDevCon have one thing in common: they all create Android apps. Participants are drawn from workers at commercial software companies, enterprise IT professionals, independent software vendors (ISVs), enterprise mobile integration experts, and independent developers driving startups. Several firms sponsor and exhibit at AnDevCon as well; previous exhibitors included Google, Amazon, Sony, Samsung, HTC, Intel, Qualcomm, BlackBerry, AT&T, Adobe and Barnes & Noble.
What Do Attendees Learn?
Tutorials and technical classes hosted by a diverse batch of expert speakers are offered to attendees. Classes and tutorials will cover the following:
- Developer Essentials — Geared toward all Android developers and focused on programming. Topics revolve around Android platforms: smartphones, tablets, Google Glass and Android TV.
- Android Business — Topics cover those non-coding aspects of Android development, such as privacy, IP protection, trademarks, copyrights, in-app payments, app store optimization and marketing.
- Embedded Android — Aimed at software engineers and developers involved with hardware on custom devices, or those prodding further into the core of embedded Linux.
AnDevCon also holds tutorials and technical classes. These sessions are either overviews of particular subjects, or intermediate and advanced classes that really let attendees get their hands into coding and solutions.
Other AnDevCon Information
This AnDevCon event is fully dedicated to Android development, and seeks to be an essential educational resource for all those involved in building or selling apps for Google's Android operating system.
- Registration is through the conference site. You will need to provide your first and last name, as well as email address. You will then choose a registration type, where you may register more than one person or a group of people.
- Carry a pen and notebook or pad! A laptop is not necessary for most classes, but there are power strips and Internet access available for attendees.
- Dress code is business casual.
If you have an interest in Android development, AnDevCon will be an eye opening and enjoyable week of learning and networking.
Image source: WikiMedia Commons