Bachelor of Science in Business Management
If you’re looking for a degree that can give you the flexibility to advance in a variety of different career fields, then Sanford-Brown College's Bachelor degree in Business Management could be the perfect choice for you. Whether you're looking to succeed in finance, advertising, the technology sector, healthcare, the entertainment industry, or almost any other industry you can think of, business management training can set you apart.
As you earn your Business Management degree, you can take advantage of our convenient Business Management Blended Learning option. Blended Learning allows you to combine the flexibility of online learning with the structure and interaction of attending class in person.
As part of the program, you'll also gain meaningful experience to add to your resume through an internship that allows you to learn how the business world works firsthand by working in a professional setting.
With an emphasis on both the theory and practice of business management, the Sanford-Brown Business Management program is designed to give you the solid business skills you need to pursue career opportunities in the industry of choice, as well as the freedom to move around in many different fields.
Some of the topics you'll explore in your coursework include organizational theory, marketing management, project management, business law, entrepreneurship, international business, and much more.
Your objectives in the program will include:
- Applying critical thinking to strategically solve business problems and make decisions within a complex global business environment.
- Mastering effective interpersonal communication in the business environment.
- Applying Fayol’s five functions of management: leading, planning, organizing, directing, and controlling.
- Demonstrating professionalism by promoting ethical behavior and standards, demonstrating appropriate time management, advocating quality of service, and promoting honesty and integrity in business transactions.
- Showing respect for and promoting diversity in the workplace in order to be an effective manager in a global society.
For accreditation and certification information for this and other Sanford-Brown programs and campuses - click here.
For licensure and/or registration requirements as controlled by the individual states where this program is offered - click here.
As you earn your Bachelor degree in Business Management, your coursework will focus on helping you develop the knowledge and skills you need to pursue entry-level management positions in a wide range of business environments. You'll be working with expert instructors, many of whom have direct experience in business management.
If you'd like to combine the flexibility and convenience of studying online with the structure of attending class in person and interacting with your professor face-to-face, you can get the best of both worlds by taking advantage of our new Business Management Blended Learning option. Blended Learning allows you to split your time between attending class online and coming to class in person, to fit with your busy schedule. If you're interested in the Blended Learning option, ask your student advisor for more information.
Here's a look at some of the key coursework in the Business Management program:
- In Strategic Planning, you'll have the opportunity to explore the strategic planning process and the role it plays in business planning, operation, and growth.
- In Project Management, you'll learn a framework and a practical step-by step process for managing projects in a business environment. This course discusses project management from both a technical and behavioral perspective.
- In International Marketing, you'll study the marketing function within an organization from a global perspective. Topics include international marketing issues involving product development, price, distribution, and promotion.
- In Business Ethics, you'll examine the moral issues in job performance faced by business professionals, including a discussion of the way ethics approaches questions regarding the morality of human actions and character.
Other core requirements in this program include:
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Business Policies and Strategies
- Management Information Systems
- Business Law
- International Business
- Financial, Project, and Marketing Management
- Business Management Capstone Project
- College Success
Course curriculum is subject to change.
Once you've earned your Business Management Bachelor degree from Sanford-Brown, some of the roles you'll be qualified to pursue might include:
- Account Manager/Executive
- Business Development Specialist
- Business Analyst
- Financial Services Representative
- Marketing Services Representative/Specialist
- ... and more!
If you already know this is the program for you, you can click here to apply now!
If you have additional questions about this or other Sanford-Brown programs please complete and submit the Request Info form below.
Terms and Conditions
By providing your mobile number, you agree to receive text messages from Sanford-Brown via its mobile text message provider. You may opt out of receiving messages by texting the word STOP to 94576, or simply reply with the word STOP to any text message you receive from Sanford-Brown.
While CEC or its mobile text message provider will not charge end users for receiving/responding to promotional messages, depending on the terms of your mobile phone plan, you may incur a cost from your mobile service carrier to receive and respond to any promotional text messages (standard messaging and data rates/fees and other charges may apply). Charges will appear on your mobile phone bill or will be deducted from pre-paid amounts. Current participating/supported carriers are: Alltel, AT&T, Boost, Cellcom, Cellular One, Cellular South, Cincinnati Bell, Cricket, Element Wireless, Golden State Cellular, iWireless, Metro PCS, Nextel, nTelos, Plateau Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, US Cellular, Verizon Wireless, Viaero Wireless, Virgin, and more.
Gainful Employment and Other Student Disclosures
Below you can find placement rates and other information tailored to your chosen campus and program. Certain disclosures are published on this website to assist students in understanding the facts about their programs.
Program Disclosure Information for:
-- Select Campus above --
Select a campus for rate information.
- Graduation Rate
Select a campus for rate information.