Sanford-Brown Insitute-Fort Lauderdale hosts Health Fair and Dental Hygiene Grand Opening Event
March 2, 2012
•General, SBC-Fort Lauderdale
• 0 Comments
On Saturday, February 25th, the students and staff of Sanford-Brown Institute – Fort Lauderdale hosted a FREE Community Health Fair. The event was a GREAT success! Look at the difference that we made in the community during four hours on Saturday!
- 68 people received free medical screenings.
- More than 300 dental appointments were scheduled for our brand new Dental Hygiene Clinic. (** we had people lined up at 8am!)
- 71 animals (dogs/cats) were vaccinated. (** we had people waiting since 8:30am!)
- More than $1,800.00 was raised, and will be split evenly between the South Florida Wildlife Care Center in Fort Lauderdale and the Shy Wolf Sanctuary in Naples.
- 12 pints of blood was donated via the Community Blood Centers of Florida Mobile Van.
- More than a dozen individuals were tested for HIV.
- A handful of women received low cost mammograms.
- Fort Lauderdale Commissioner Bruce Roberts, Ms. Beverly Perkins Moody from the office of Congressman Alcee Hastings, and Mr. Michael Hoffman from the office of Senator Marco Rubio stopped by to lead our Dental Hygiene Clinic Grand Opening Ribbon Cutting Ceremony.
- More than 80 students were able to utilize and practice their professional skills learned here at SBI Fort Lauderdale, and give back to the community!
Welcome to your future. Welcome to Sanford-Brown.